Exceptional Children's Teacher
Sterling Montessori is seeking a full time Exceptional Children’s teacher who has experience working with students in K-8th grade. Candidates must have an undergraduate degree and EC licensure. Ideal candidates have Montessori experience or a desire to learn the Montessori method. The position will begin as early as October, 2020 and the hours are from 8-4. Sterling Montessori has a strong and collegial EC department which includes four full time special education teachers, a behavioral specialist, as well as related service personnel. This position will provide opportunities to collaborate with the EC group as well as to work in both inclusion and pullout settings.
This person should possess the following qualities:
- Have a firm commitment to upholding the school's mission
- A love and passion for working with children
- Ability to build strong professional relationships with the staff at Sterling Montessori
- Punctual and dependable in attendance
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
- Collaborate with the general education teachers and the EC team for push in and pull out services
- Implementing engaging instruction, based on the IEP goals and objectives of each student
- Preparing documents and reports necessary to facilitate parent teacher conferences, IEP meetings, or other meetings requested by parents or school administration.
Please send a cover letter, resume and three references to Josie Spreher at firstname.lastname@example.org.