Job Description: Administrative Assistant
Contracted: 12 month employee 7:00am-3:00pm
Purpose: The Administrative Assistant provides support to the Sterling Montessori Administration team, helping to ensure the school is run efficiently and effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- All Administrators will adhere to the Sterling mission, vision, guiding principles, code of ethics and standards of behavior as outlined in the Employee Policies and Procedures Handbook.
- Administrators shall attend any staff meetings, professional development, trainings, parent workshops, and annual open house outside of standard working hours as requested by the Executive Director.
- Montessori is an approach that values the human spirit and the development of the whole child-physical, social, emotional, and cognitive. When situations or conflicts arise with students, adults act as mediators and provide opportunities for conversations, reflection, and learning. All staff follow the Positive Discipline model and refer to the Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) when needing to implement supplemental or intensive support.
- Substitutes - schedule substitutes, notify teachers and track leave forms.
- Assist with beforecare when needed and the front desk area from 7:30-8:00 each morning.
- Morning carpool
- Assists the Executive Director with updating and distributing school-wide procedures: student information sheets and permissions from InfoSnap, organize carpool tags
- Update all Emergency Information folders in the classrooms when needed
- Helps the Administration team to schedule school wide assemblies, staff functions, and school wide events.
- Assists with volunteer scheduling for PFSA events
- Assists with admin meeting minutes and reminding assigned roles when needed for the team.
- Schedules overnight field trips and transportation when needed.
- Assists the Admissions and Data Manager with Academy and Charter files when needed
- Assists HR Manager with Employee files when needed
- Provide office support when there are events or during busy times of the day
- Provides lunch breaks for the office manager when needed
- Assists with things like stocking paper, products, snacks, etc.
- Assist with school lunch sorting and delivery as well as schedules for volunteer support
- Generally provides assistance to the administration team with their work as needed.
If interested, email resume and references to Josie Spreher at firstname.lastname@example.org
Children's House Assistant
Job Type: Full-time beginning Fall 2021
Sterling Montessori is seeking a qualified Primary Children's House Assistant who is dedicated to the vision and mission of the school.
We are looking for a motivated individual with Montessori experience working with students ages 3 to 6, or a person who has the desire to learn the Montessori Method. Candidates must be willing to work under the guidance of a Montessori Lead Teacher to help carry out the developmental and learning goals of the Montessori program. They must be able to build genuine and respectful relationships with each child and family, maintain a positive and professional attitude, and implement strong classroom management skills.
- Montessori is an approach that values the human spirit and the development of the whole child-physical, social, emotional, and cognitive. When situations or conflicts arise with students, adults act as mediators and provide opportunities for conversations, reflection, and learning.
- Assistants follow the Positive Discipline model and refer to the Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) when needing to implement supplemental or intensive support.
- With guidance from the lead teacher, maintain classroom routines and expectations to develop and ensure a nurturing Montessori learning environment that is healthy, safe, clean, orderly, and inviting (inside and outside).
- Willing to work with, and adapt to the needs of students with a variety of learning styles.
- Demonstrates excellent skills in organization, classroom management, problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Has strong oral communication skills
- Is open to participating in ongoing professional development
- Two years of college preferred
- Experience working with children ages 3 to 6
- Experience working in a Montessori setting (preferred)
For consideration for the position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Director of Lower Elementary
Sterling Montessori School is currently seeking a full-time Administrative position as Director of Lower Elementary. We are seeking a committed individual who has a passion for the Montessori philosophy and excellence in communicating it to teachers, parents and the community. The Director will oversee the Lower Elementary staff, the curriculum, parent education, as well as serve as an active member of the administration team. Sterling Montessori promotes a culturally diverse, purposeful, and peaceful environment for students to learn.
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- MACTE accredited Montessori Certification in Lower Elementary and Upper Elementary (required)
- At least 2-3 years of administrative experience in training and supervising teachers to create a conducive Montessori learning environment for the students (required)
- At least 5 years of experience working as a teacher in a lower elementary classroom (required)
- State License (or willing to pursue NC licensure)
If interested, please submit cover letter and resume to Josie Spreher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-Time Aftercare Teacher
Sterling Montessori is seeking a qualified Aftercare Teacher who has experience working with students ages 3 to 6 years old. Ideal candidates have Montessori experience, or desire to learn the Montessori Method. Candidates will work 3:00-6:00 pm under the guidance of the Aftercare Supervisor.
This person should possess the following qualities:
- A love and passion for working with children
- Strong classroom management skills
- Ability to build strong professional relationships with the staff and parents at Sterling Montessori.
- Punctual and dependable in attendance
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
Please send a cover letter, resume and three references to Josie Spreher, at email@example.com.
Sterling Montessori Academy and Charter School is always interested in adding substitute teachers to our on-call list. We use this list to provide coverage in our classrooms (Children’s House – Middle School) when a teacher is out.
The first step towards becoming a substitute at Sterling is to view our Substitute Presentation for more information and requirements. We look forward to hearing from you.